Sunday, April 24, 2011

Totally random garden photos...

The past couple of weeks, as the temperatures have given us some days in the 70's, I find myself wandering in my own garden in Rocklin or I happen upon different photo opportunities out and about.  No particular theme, sometimes meaningful only to me, but I found some unique or beautiful feature in the garden or other places that I have to take a photo of.

None of these are great photos, all taken with my iPhone and I certainly don't claim any skill in photography, but nonetheless enjoy my adventure into gardening randomness....


A rather large new culm from my Phylostachys aureosulcata 'Spectabilis'.  In the background are about 100 small Bambusa oldhamii plants.


A very colorful Semiarundaria yashadake kimmei culm.  This plant is shooting like crazy this year!


A beautiful leaf from a Phylostachys bambusoides 'Allgold'.  The coloring is orange variegation on a green leaf.


This was the front entrance of a home in Loomis, CA that we saw on the way to their Earth Day Festival on Saturday.  The ultimate in privacy, it was an entrance that was pretty unique and meticulously groomed over many years.

Hope you enjoyed this random photo adventure...

Cheers!

Sean
Mad Man Bamboo - Rocklin, CA
www.madmanbamboo.com
(916) 300-6335
www.madmanbamboo.com
Mad Man Bamboo on Facebook
Twitter: @madmanbamboo

No comments: