Friday, March 25, 2011

Bamboo diet.

7:00 a.m., Friday (Bamboo-day) I crawled out of bed, with little inhibition, I was posed with the question, '... wanna go to breakfast?'  'Of course,' I reply.

8:00 a.m.  Off to our favorite...  Granite Grill in Rocklin, their motto, 'A little Country and a little Rock and Roll.'  Sounds like a real breakfast to me.  This place is a great down-home breakfast joint.  This is a place Guy Fieri would visit.

I pick Denver Cakes with eggs over-medium, a huge biscuit and iced-tea (sorry, not a coffee drinker, but need the caffeine).  Denver Cakes are fried hash browns with cheese, ham topped with sour cream and green onions.  Yummy!

8:35 a.m. 3,000 calories later.  Why do I carb and calorie load (guilt, guilt, and more guilt)?  It's a bamboo diet day!  No worries, right?

10:30 a.m. - Truck rolls up loaded with bamboo plants.  It's a windy, showery day.  Thought - oh no, this is going to be a rough day, lots of physical work.  But, instantly, my calorie guilt begins to melt.


Hauling 300 bamboo five gallon plants (20 pounds each), from the front driveway to the back yard... bamboo diet time!  Between by wife and I, that's 3 tons of plants.  Holy ?%$#!


3:30 p.m.  I'm beat, all plants put away in the backyard.  After that Breakfast of Champions, I figured I gained at least five pounds, but after the blood, sweat and tears, I lost two pounds (verified it on our ultra-precise Target scale).  Not alot, but it was enough to erase the guilt from my calorie-loaded breakfast indulgence.


7:30 a.m tomorrow (rubbing my tired eyes) - Where did all this bamboo come from and how do I get rid of it?  Yikes!  That's another story...

Forget Atkins, forget South Beach, I am a believer in the Bamboo Diet.

Cheers!

Sean
Mad Man Bamboo
(916) 300-6335
www.madmanbamboo.com
Mad Man Bamboo on Facebook
Twitter: @madmanbamboo

3 comments:

Alan said...

3000 calorie breakfast? Definitely a place Guy Fieri would visit. =)

Is this more stock than you normally get in the spring, or is this typical? It looks like a lot!

Unknown said...

See you at your next open house - we'll help you get rid of some of that bamboo!

Mad Man Bamboo Nursery said...

Alan - This is pretty typical. I also have about 250 1 gallons I got in the week prior. Pretty well stocked for the season. About half of the 5 gallons were already pre-sold, so I am making room already.

Francesca - Sounds good!