Friday, February 15, 2008

Signs of Spring now emerging....

Snapped a couple of photos today showing Spring has almost sprung, at least here in the Sacramento area.....

Pictured is an Amur Maple Tree left over from my days when I grew and sold Japanese Maples. The Japanese Maples' buds are getting plumpler, but have not yet broken out, shouldn't be long though.
Next is one of my three Flowering Quince growing in the front yard, no flowers yet, but the foilage is just starting to emerge. Can't wait, if we keep getting highs in the high 60's and low 70's it shouldn't be long.
Cheers!
Sean


3 comments:

kate said...

You are lucky to be having such good weather. The new growth on both the Maple and the Quince is wonderful to see ... they make my fingers itch to be able to dig again in the dirt.

I'm really enjoying your blog. It's great that you are blogging regularly!

kate said...

Oops ... an impending sign of age - I forgot to tell you that yes, the orchid was the same as I saw at the plant conservatory last weekend. I have enjoyed posting some of these - there are more too!

Also, I think you would enjoy 'Flower Confidential' - the cut-flower industry has many of the same issues pertaining to our food sources.

Mad Man Bamboo Nursery said...

Kate,

Thanks for the kind word. I saw "Flower Confidential", hmmmm... I'm reading Omnivores Dilemna right now, but it looks like I may have to add Flower Confidential for the next to read, sounds interesting.

Glad to see you thinking of bamboo, I'd be real curious how it performs up your way...

Sean